There is nothing we hate more than feeling tired. We feel crabby, worn out, and can’t help but daydream about the comfort of our beds. Sound familiar? As a #GirlBoss, you might be thinking that a full 8-hours is a thing of the past, but no business professional can operate at full potential if they aren’t fully rested. So, if sleep is one the few things you can control, why are you letting it control you?
Although there are many outside factors that may interfere with your sleep — pets, children, noises, etc. — it is important to adopt healthy sleeping habits to counteract the ones you can’t control, and the best place to start is with your mattress. In fact, our Simply Stylist Founder Sarah Boyd is well-aware of the importance of sleep, which is why she recently teamed up with the experts at PangeaBed and purchased a PangeaBed Copper Mattress! PangeaBed is a next generation bed-in-a-box mattress company. Originating in New York, PangeaBed was created to provide consumers with the best night’s sleep they’ll ever receive — and the fact that it ships right to your door (at no cost!) is just icing on the cake! Not only are their luxurious mattresses made with the highest quality materials on the market, but a supportive, breathable PangeaBed mattress is the answer to your #GirlBoss insomnia.
Stress at the office shouldn’t affect your sleep cycle, and PangeaBed is here to help! We sat down with our friends at PangeaBed to discover exactly what needs to be done to get the best night’s rest. Here’s what they had to say:
1. Eat Smart: Contrary to popular belief, some people actually do well eating a little later at night. Now, this doesn’t mean eating a bag of cookies at 10pm is the way to go, though. If you work out in the morning, for example, eating a healthy dose of apples with peanut butter or cheese and crackers is a perfect bedtime snack.
2. Exercise: Regular exercise helps you sleep better at night, but avoid doing vigorous exercise right before bed (that burst of energy that comes right after a hard work out will keep you up!) If you work out in the evening, give yourself at least 2 hours before heading to bed.
Workout in style with our favorite picks below:
3. Get rid of the blue light: The soft glow of smart phones, tablets and TVs can wreak havoc on a good night’s sleep. In fact, the body needs the dark in order to really wind down. Using blue light can prevent the physiological transition that the body needs to nighttime.
4. Dim your lights: 2-3 hours before bedtime, dim the lights around your home. Lower light levels will signal your brain to start producing melatonin, which is the hormone that brings on sleep!
5. Get a better mattress: Is your mattress the best one for you? Having the wrong mattress can make for an uncomfortable night’s sleep. Make sure that you invest in one that helps to keep you cool and prevents tossing and turning. For an added bonus, the PangeaBed Copper Mattress infuses the element of copper in to their mattresses, creating an antibacterial and hypoallergenic mattress that is perfect for allergy sufferers (and those that want to keep cool!).
Want to get in on the PangeaBed fun? Use the promo code PANGEA75 at checkout to receive $75 off your mattress! Head to PangeaBed.com to begin your journey towards the best sleep of your life!
Featured image by You & Lu